End of the month rhymes with… news of the month 😁
The news of the month is a summary of the best social media news that the skycrew has read on various specialized sites. 👨🚀
The principle is simple: throughout the month, we dig up the freshest and crispest social media news to not miss any important information. Then, we select a few of them to create this article.
In short, the news of the month is the best social media news served on a platter! 🔥
Enjoy your reading 🛸
The evolution of digital in 2023
Every year, We Are Social and Meltwater, release the Digital 2023 Global Overview report.
Here are the latest trends in the digital and social media landscape:
- A big shift in the number of internet users worldwide
- A surprising decline in various aspects of online activity
- Detailed information on the changing usage preferences of social media platforms.
- The changing use of devices to access digital content and services
- Unexpected shifts in online search behavior around the world
- The surprising growth of digital advertising
TikTok releases its 2023 topic calendar
TikTok has released a new 2023 calendar, which highlights a series of key events by quarter to help marketers and brands better plan their content.
The social network has also added tips on how to approach TikTok and a campaign planner to its infographic.
Instagram now has a “quiet” mode
Instagram has announced several new features, including a “quiet” mode.
This disables notifications and sends an automatic response when someone sends you a direct message (DM), so you can focus on things like driving or studying.
This feature is available to everyone in the US, UK, Ireland, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. So it’ll be a while before it arrives here!
All about ChatGPT
Everyone is talking about it… ChatGPT, the text generator of OpenAI based on GPT-3.5. Concretely, it allows to formulate requests and to obtain contents corresponding to certain requests. It works in several languages, including French.
In order to be able to use it correctly, here are some elements to know:
The 5 main uses
- Answering questions
- Classifying or extracting data
- Generating code
- Transforming content
- Generate messages, letters, emails…
The 5 limitations
- Age of the data: the database has not been updated since 2021.
- Data comes from the internet, so it is not perfect and may contain errors.
- ChatGPT covers a variety of topics, but its knowledge of each specific topic is limited.
- It generates content based on other existing content, so it is not original.
- It sometimes generates grammatically correct answers, but devoid of meaning, so “human” proofreading is recommended.
- Prompt: question you wish to ask ChatGPT; remember to incorporate context to get relevant answers.
- Temperature: to get predictable answers, use a low value; conversely, a high value will give more creative answers.
- Max_length: you can use this setting to define the length of responses; useful for adjusting the level of detail in the results.
- Top_p: to control the proportion of most likely answers; the higher this is, the more likely the results will be.
- Top_k: to control the number of responses considered by ChatGPT; the higher this is, the more varied the responses will be.
That’s it for the January news! See you next month for more social media news 📱
For the most impatient, follow us on social networks to keep up with the latest news in real time! 🛸